The Sou’wester

Halloween in the 901

Back to Article
Back to Article

Halloween in the 901

Graphic courtesy of the Memphis Zoo

Graphic courtesy of the Memphis Zoo

Graphic courtesy of the Memphis Zoo

Graphic courtesy of the Memphis Zoo

Hannah Miller '22, Staff Writer

Here’s a list of events going on in the Memphis area for you to celebrate this Halloween season!

Zoo Boo

The Memphis Zoo’s annual Zoo Boo takes place during the last two weekends of October from 5:30-9:30 p.m. Activities include haunted hayrides, camel rides, straw mazes, and lots of candy! Be sure to dress up for the Virtual Costume Contest. Day-of-event tickets are $12 for members, $15 for non-members.

Muddy’s Halloween Cookie Decorating

Muddy’s Bake Shop at Midtown invites guests to get into the Halloween season by decorating some spooky cookies and enjoying some fresh-brewed tea on Saturday, October 27 at 10:00 a.m. The event costs $15.

Lizzie Borden: The Musical

New Moon Theatre presents this musical filled with horrors, based on the real life murders of Lizzie Borden, and our very own Dr. Fairfield is part of the cast. The show runs October 12-28, and tickets are $20 for students.

Mid-South Haunted Corn Maze

Friday and Saturday nights in October, Mid-South Maze turns spooky, holding haunted hayrides and an inflatable jumping pillow. Participants can also shoot ears of corns through the maze’s corn cannons, winning prizes if they hit designated targets up to 100 yards away.  Tickets are $15.

Zombie Skate

Mid- South Ice House hosts its Halloween themed Zombie Skate October 27 from 7:15 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Arrive early from 1:30 to 4:00pm for a Halloween skate and costume contest. Admission is $10 and skate rental is $3.

Jack’s Frost Halloween Festival

Jack’s Frost Dessert Shop celebrates its third annual Halloween Festival on October 27 starting at 4 p.m., including local vendors, costume contests, and a free showing of “Hocus Pocus”.

Wicked Ways Haunted House

Wicked Ways holds the title of being the largest indoor haunted house in Memphis. This year, participants can go explore the gore and deadly diseases found in the “Underground Military Bio-hazard Research Laboratories” every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of October. Tickets cost $22.

PubSing: Halloween Sing

The Casual Pint at Highland Row and PubSing join together on October 27th from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. to celebrate a night of spooky tunes, costumes, and drinks. Entry is free.

Halloween Movie Trivia

Two separate locations are offering Halloween movie trivia on October 31st: the fun goes from 7-9 p.m. at LBOE and at Railgarten from 8-10 p.m. (along with a costume contest). Those interested can guarantee their team’s spot by making a free reservation online.

“Boo”falo Bash

Shelby Farms hosts its Halloween themed Park After Dark event October 31st from 5 p.m.-8 p.m., which includes a free Zumba class and guided hikes, as well as a variety of inflatables and food trucks. Parking is $10.

Boo’d Up

The Bluff Sports Bar on Highland hosts a Halloween party that lasts until the beginning of November 1st as a way to officially start off “cuffing season”. The event includes a DJ and is sure to be a memorable experience in the 901.

About the Writer
Hannah Miller '22, Staff Writer

Hannah Miller is a staff writer with The Sou'wester. She is a first-year business and French double major. She has been a member of the newspaper staff...